Florida LMT License #MA 84884
WORKSHOP...LOVE YOUR BELLY: SELF-MASSAGE & BREATHWORK
Click here for Massage Directory (Local house calls will resume when the quarantine/social distancing period ends.)
I work with a variety of techniques and approaches and customize each massage based on your needs and concerns. I include conscious breathing because it is essential to an effective abdominal massage or any bodywork. You can learn self-massage techniques for c-section and post-surgery scar tissue.
- ancient Chinese Taoist bodywork, Chi Nei Tsang (CNT)- energy work, breath work, internal organ massage
- “Unwinding the Belly” by Allison Post
- trauma recovery work
- scar tissue massage techniques
- corrective exercise breathwork
Corrective exercise is a blend of physical therapy and fitness training. Breath work is a foundational aspect.
Scar Tissue massage is a specialized form of massage also used in physical therapy. It is excellent for post-surgery recovery including c-section, tummy tuck, hysterectomy, hip replacement.
One session is beneficial but 2-6 sessions (at least) are highly recommended.
What are the benefits of CNT?
- excellent for digestive issues
- breaks down scar tissue from various causes such as surgery (including cesarean section birth) and injuries
- detoxifies the internal organs
- clears away emotional trauma and blockage
- activates lymphatic flow
- soothes tension in the belly
- improves mood and mental clarity
- supports a strong immune system
- NOT for pregnant women
Unwinding the Belly-In 1998, I was introduced to and studied Chi Nei Tsang in Tucson, Arizona with Allison Post who wrote the book, “Unwinding the Belly”. It is based on the principles of CNT but she creates her own style in a very user-friendly interpretation that makes for easy self-care.