Postpartum Personal Training is customized support for…
Due to lack of support and information, the changes and/or imbalances from pregnancy and birth are often NEVER addressed causing mothers distress and poor health.
Customized Sessions include:
- functional fitness training
- corrective exercise (“blend of personal training with physical therapy”)
- bellydance movement
- therapeutic stretching
- breath work training
- guided visualization
You also have the option of therapeutic massage to complement your fitness training!
Research-proven benefits of exercise for mothers:
- Decreased risk of depression, aches, pains, stress
- Proper posture, alignment, muscle balance
- Strength for holding your infant for prolonged periods
What will you learn?
- proper breathing for core and pelvic floor, stress reduction, stamina
- develop core and pelvic floor strength, stamina, stability, overall toning
- tools to attain and maintain healthy weight
- dance movement techniques to increase freedom of movement and expression
- support and information for self-care and stress reduction
- proper body mechanics for injury treatment and prevention
- meditation/visualization techniques
The first year postpartum, especially, can be a tender time of major physical changes as well as life changes. Frustration and even desperation can set in when mothers don't have the skills and support to adapt to and cope with this major transformation. Without the family, community, and "village" structures in place, the health of families and often the postpartum mother is "falling through the cracks" of public health.
I’ve heard many stories of mothers whose health concerns such as diastasis recti (often called “mommy tummy”), incontinence, constipation, and depression are disregarded. Without proper education and support, women may not know what solution to pursue, or if a solution exists at all. These issues are often brushed aside, never to be addressed as the demands of parenting take hold.